Saturday, February 28, 2009

Zebra quilt


This was a gift for my friend Jane's birthday. Poor Jane - I've known her for probably 10 years and have forgotten her birthday for 9 of them, so this is long overdue. Anyway, she's got a "thing" about zebras. I found a close up of a zebra's face on photobucket of all places and appropriated it since it was not going to be for sale.

It's made out of white velvet and the black is actually just sharpie marker. It seemed appropriate to me to notice from the picture that a zebra has both black (bottom - black thread) AND white (top - eyelash yarn) eye lashes. It's a wonder he can see at all with those long white ones. I couldn't find a black or a white fabric that looked good with the velvet and since Jane also has a "thing" for red, I found this red velour that I figured would be a nice touch with the velvet. I had a devil of a time getting it on, though, even after stabilizing it, so it's not quite straight.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is simply beautiful! You do such amazing work. Love the red binding. Your friend will treasure this!!

    ReplyDelete