Monday, January 5, 2009

Chinese Brush Painting

I'm taking an online class on Chinese Brush Painting and our first lesson is to paint bamboo stalks - just stalks, no branches, no leaves. It's harder than it looks. Before I got to this, I went through a sea of cheap paper. Course I had to try out all of the eight brush tips I got in the Walter Drake kit - and then once I chose a brush that gave me the effect I liked, I had to figure out the water ink mix and how much to load the brush with. I still have a lot of work to do perfecting this technique. Next week, we get to add branches, then the following week, we add leaves! Believe me, you need baby steps with this process it's very hard work to learn how to relax and go with the flow.

2 comments:

  1. you have a blog!!! LOVE IT! Keep all the posts coming!! Sarah (from HOP)

    ReplyDelete