Tuesday, January 20, 2009

bikeMS


Groan, I know, I know, somebody else with their hand out! Well, if you are reading this, I have a favor to ask of you. I'm going for quantity instead of quality - as in the number of people I can get to donate $10 or $20 to the National MS Society. Multiple Sclerosis is a personal obstacle to me, and it has become a family cause. My brother Al (who lives in FL) loves to bike and he loves me and he found a way to combine those two feelings to make a difference in the world.

Four years ago, Al started Team iDentifi and over the years all three brothers, a cousin, and three of my nieces have joined the team. It has become a family event, since Mom, Beth, Mary and I all try to go to FL to cheer them on and be their support team. Even the Al's friends who ride and the men and women from iDentifi (Al's company and the team sponsor) have become like family - it's such a wonderful feeling to stand at the finish line each day and cheer them all in! It's a very emotional weekend for me - lots of hugs and happy tears!

http://tinyurl.com/6uheh4
This is the link to Al's page and you can see one of the hundreds of pictures I took last year. I really appreciate your support and I'm serious about $10 if that's all you can spare! Of course, you know we wouldn’t turn down more . . . LOL! Just do what you can to help find a cure for MS. And, on a personal note, help me get Al back on stage again this year as one of the top fundraisers. Thank you very, very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment