Friday, March 19, 2010

Finished first of two name quilts

This is a section from the first of two 6" wide by 7' long name quilts I'm quilting for the AAQI new exhibit Alzheimer's Illustrated: From Heartbreak to Hope. The two I'm doing will hang with 180 others, each bearing the names of 55 people who have or have died with Alzheimer's or a related dementia. I got the names for my two quilts, plus a few extra's from two places. A great many of them came from the Mather Pavilion in Evanston IL, where I volunteer on one of their two "special care" floors. The others I got from the Good Samaratian Home in Lodi WI, where my Dad now lives. I got many of the names from the Activities Directors of both institutions - who were familiar with many names of people who had lived there in the past, so I was able to tap both past and present residents.

Finished the second one, too and mailed them both off to Kathy Kennedy-Dennis in Houston for finishing!

4 comments:

  1. I would like to thank you for adding your personal touch to this wonderful quilt.
    Kathleen C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you quilted "hope" in the background because hope is always there, even when it's hard to see.♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just such a loving tribute!

    ReplyDelete