Monday, February 15, 2010
I'm going to have to wait for sun and re-take this picture and see if I can capture the "feel" - it's snow dyed silk from QST and it's GORGEOUS! It has a depth that isn't showing here because of the rivers of color through the silk.
This is another piece that has been sitting around for awhile - I intended to give it a thin border of the green and then bind it in black and even got so far as to sew the black binding on before I realized that the green was way better. So I ripped the black binding off and then had to do a fused binding with the green because the only piece I had left was 15" wide. No other green in my stash would do!
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
I admit, I work slow . . . I often let things sit around for awhile, waiting for that little voice to speak in my ear. This one is has been worked that way. I finally realized it was the flower centers that were bugging me, so I took a walk down to Ayla's Beads yesterday afternoon and found some really cool stuff. Although it's hard not to find cool stuff in that store! So the centers are on (one is a singleton earring given me by a neighbor) and I just need to stitch on a few butterfly beads and a (you're gonna love this, Beth) an awsome turtle bead I found yesterday.
I added an image transfer of some words (hope, love and research) to the background, and then FMQed the same words in a variegated thread. I added some grass and some roots, which I think help to weight the bottom sufficiently to offset the flowers and also take some of the emphasis off the word Fear. So far, I'm pretty happy with it and will be auditioning bindings next.